Friday, December 15, 2017

The Ultimate Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushroom

November and December are the two months of nonstop Holiday celebration which makes everyone busy cooking and spending. For business owners, this is the Q4 so add that on the busy-ness list.

This is a signature dish of my family every year. I normally make this with my stepdaughter when she's around, some sort of bonding for the two of us. This year she wasn't around for Thanksgiving, nevertheless, she still made this for her mom and grandma.



This recipe only requires few ingredients and I usually make this about a day or two before the celebration, so it's one dish out of the way with the rest of my to-do cooking list.

I used to bake this using just a baking pan or silicon sheet, but I notice, it always comes out saggy and watery. I have tested using a cooling rack for this recipe and I got great result.... it's gone in a heartbeat during Thanksgiving dinner lol

I forgot where I got this recipe, but surely it's via google. For paprika lovers, you can add a dash of paprika on each mushroom cap before cooking. This makes the stuffed sausage aromatic. I did not put paprika in this batch though because I simply ran out of it, and no time to drive to the grocery.


INGREDIENTS:

24 large whole fresh mushrooms
1 lb Italian sausage
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 bunches scallions, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan ( Plus more for toppings)
1/4 cup Italian breadcrums
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
dash of paprika for toppings (Optional)


HOW TO DO IT:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place the cooling rack on a baking pan and spray with oil. I use Pam or any olive oil spray.

Wash the mushrooms and dry it with paper towel. Break off the stems. This will hollow out the center of the mushroom.

Don't throw the stems. Cut them or put into food processor. Set aside.

In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until the color turns into brown. Set aside until the sausage is no longer hot.

In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked sausage and the rest of the ingredients except the paprika. Mix all ingredients well.

Take each mushroom and using a spoon, fill each cap with the stuffing. Top it with the additional parmesan cheese and paprika.




Arrange the mushrooms evenly on the wire rack.





Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.









It's as simple as that!!! Great side dish to serve this Holiday and it could be your bonding moment between you and your kids. This is the first dish I taught my stepdaughter and she did it so well. Now, its her own take-along dish to parties, couldn't be more proud!!







No comments:

Post a Comment